Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Creating a Kitschy Colorful Backdrop Usng Vintage Metal Trays When Displaying Antiques and Collectibles

Vintage Metal Snack Trays Make Fun Displays Behind Glassware

Vintage metal snack trays are wonderful backdrops when displaying antiques and collectibles. I especially like to add color and interest behind vintage glassware and find the older 1940s and 1950s snack trays to be just the right size and shape for a kitschy look in my shop "Kitsch n Stuff". Notice how the colors of the tray and the glassware compliment each other.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

4 comments:

  1. I wonder what happened to all those cheerful metal trays. There were so many once upon a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Vintage Trays make Beautiful backdrops to any Vignette. We use ours every day as TV Trays too so they're not only pretty but functional.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a follower of your blog for a long time and I just found your Pinterest page tonight, I love them both~ I added your blog to my blogroll and would be honored if you would add my blog to yours,
    Dorothy @ www.hensrule.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis