Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Collecting To My Hearts Content On Pinterest.com: Antiquing With The Click Of Your Mouse

Feeding Your Antique Itch On Pinterest.com

I'm not sure why I have  been cranking out so many blogs lately, but here is my theory. As I go out  antiquing to find great stuff, I'm not finding too many kitschy kitchen things that easily.  That is driving me to go "collecting" in my virtual world which leads me to Pinterest.com. The more I blog, the more pins (photos to share) I have for my Pinterest.com boards. And the more pins I post, the more followers I get. The more followers I get, the more new pins there are to repin.

The Psychology Of Antiquing On Pinterst.com 

Before you know it I have "collected" (pins of antiques and kitchen collectibles)  to my hearts content and I am on my way to vintage heaven. It's a very crazy but interesting phenomena , the ability to feed one's antiquing itch without having to spend any money. And it truly is working. It's like I am lighting up the neurons when I find something new to add to one of my many Pinterest boards.

Going Antiquing With One Touch Of The Mouse

Or another analogy which collecting on Pinterest .com reminds me of. Think of the old pinball machines when your silver ball hit a target and the bell went off.  Remember the excitement you would feel when your  ball went helter skeleter but stayed "live" and didn't go down the alley to pinball heaven. You felt alive, excited and satisfied. Well this is indeed a sad commentary on the digital generation. We can go junking or antiquing or collecting with  a touch of the mouse!

Now that is progress....or is it?  What do you think?


C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. I know I follow blogs like yours to get my "fix" so I think you are on to something. Living in a colder climate, the internet feeds that hunting instinct good junkers have. It is really hard not to get jealous when the people who live in warmer places are finding things in their travels, though, isn't it? Thanks for helping me get through the long winter months.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis