Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vintage Advertising For Kitschy Kitchens On Pinterest.com

Exploring Old Kitchen Advertisements 

Visit my blog http://cdiannezweig.blogspot.com/ and my site at http://iantiqueonline.ning.com/http://iantiqueonline.ning.com/     Heaven.....for sure!
One of the best ways to date  vintage kitchenwares and housewares is to refer to old kitchen advertisements and catalog booklets. Recently I have discovered a treasure trove of old ads on Pinterest.com.   I am seeing many of these ads for the very first time and it is very exciting to me. I surely would have included some of these new discoveries in my earlier books had they been available at the time.

Vintage Ads on Pinterest.com

So I decided to create a board on Pinterest.com called  "Advertising For Kitchen Kitchens" . I am really developing quite a nice library of old magazine ads and other promotional materials which collectors are sharing through their Pinterest.com boards.

I especially enjoy the vintage ads that show sets of housewares or dishes. You really get a chance to see what a complete set would look like and how much the values have changed over the years. It is actually quite amusing to see Pyrex bowl sets for pocket change or  Riviera Dinnerware advertised for 95 cents!

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. Just went to check out what you have gathered together...you're right, it is such fun to see complete sets or learn that an item was part of a set. Thanks for doing this, I will revisit when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis