Thursday, July 5, 2012

Displaying Vintage Kitchen Utensils On A Column Made From Louvered Bifold Doors

Retro Hang-Ups: Louvered Doors For Display 
  
I  spotted this great display idea  at The Colllinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, Connecticut
It has been awhile since I have added a post to my section on Retro-Hang-Ups. Here is a inexpensive and practical way to hang old vintage kitchen gadgets and tools in your shop. I came across this clever display while strolling the aisles of The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT. This gal took louvered bi-fold doors and created a column in the center of her antique booth to display old kitchen utensils. What I like about this idea is that it uses the space smack in the middle of the booth without blocking too much. It's a great use of space! 

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dianne! I missed this post when I was on vacation, but just got a link to it from a blog buddy (Ann @ Protector of Vintage). I just bought one of these doors at a community garage sale with the hopes of trying to figure out how to hang stuff from it for my booth!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis