Saturday, March 26, 2011

Red And White Wooden Spice Cabinet With Art Deco Design

Charming Red And White Shelf For Your Vintage Kitchen

I love small red and white kitchen shelves and have a hard time resisting them when I find them. This adorable shelf has an art deco feel . Often I buy little shelves like these shown because they are great for making adorable displays.

Showing Buyers How to Display Their Collections

I find that it is important to show buyers how they too can display their own collections. Believe me, it is not that easy to find smaller vintage kitchen shelves or cabinets as they were originally referred to.

No One Wants to Part With These Cute Shelves

And I am afraid that you will discover some high prices for these shelves because the sellers usually do not want to part with them so quickly and therefore mark them higher to keep them around longer.

This Vintage Spice Cabinet Or Also Comes In Black And White Vintage Spice

The same day I bought this cutie, I found a black and white version as well. Guess what, both shelves are now on display at my shop Kitsch n Stuff, which is part of The Collinsville Antiques Company.

I particularly wanted to photograph the back of the shelf because it has the original manufacturer's paper label and instructions.

The Original Paper Label Still On The Vintage Shelf

While it is labeled a Universal Spice Cabinet, there is a note at the bottom of the paper label stating that it can also be used in bathrooms. It is designed to mount on the wall or to be used inside a cabinet door.

It is quite sweet. I originally thought I would use it to display my collection of little bisque dolls, but that decided it looked better in my shop to hold my collection of spice tins.

You will generally find these type of shelves selling for $24.00-32.00.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Dianne - I loved this because I have adored these little shelves for many years. I have them in four colors- more than one in some cases- and even though I don't even have room to display them all - I am not willing to part with them, either! And when/if I do decide to, I will not let them go cheaply! In my own defense, though, I must say that I have never found an inexpensive one , I have gotten them mostly on eBay, and they were not cheap!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis