Monday, August 30, 2010

What's Hot In Kitchen Collectibles? Ask The Kitschy Collector

What's Hot In Kitchen Collectibles ?

I am so pleased at the way my shop (booth) "Kitsch n Stuff" turned out at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, Connecticut.

If only I could get my kitchen to look so sweet. But of course I bring all the great kitchen collectibles into my booth.

Kitsch n Stuff: Now Up-Front At Collinsville Antiques Company

To re-fresh your memory, I moved my booth from the back of this 22,000 square feet Antique Mall, to the front of the store. I took this opportunity to do a make-over, getting rid of the white elephants (stuff no one would want) and re-decorate with new ideas.

Great Summer For Rooster Collectibles But Not Pig Collectibles

While my cow collectibles had a sleepy summer, it's been a great time for roosters. They keep selling real well. Like my cows (which have gone out to pasture) my pig planters etc. are sitting way too long in my shop.

Where Oh Where Are The Piggy Collectors ?

Where oh where are the pig collectors. What I need is one obsessed piggy collector to come along and clean me out of all the pigs I have. Basically I need a pig collector to "pig out" on pigs!

Loving Those Chef Themed Collectibles

But even if roosters, pigs and cows are not your thing....how about chef themed collectibles. In my latest book, the second edition of Hot Kitchen And Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s, you will find an entire section on chef themed collectibles. In the photo show here is an example of an adorable wall decor chef.

Unique Kitchen Canister Sets

Unique vintage kitchen canisters in very good condition and priced well do sell. But the trick is finding "unique" designs. And when I do find them, I usually pay dearly and so a nice set re-sells for premium prices.

Other Popular Kitchen Collectibles

Other popular kitchen collectibles are unique crocheted pot holders, colorful printed kitchen towels, cute juice glasses, Pyrex refrigerator sets,
wooden advertising boxes, advertising products, coffee/tea collectibles, Range sets, McKee glassware, Deco kitchenware, kitchen tables and chairs and so much more.

For more information about kitchen collectibles, be sure to read Hot Kitchen and Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Beyond, just released in a new second edition form Collectorbooks.com.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

4 comments:

  1. I love the bright and colorful kitchen collectibles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell by these shots that I would probably go broke in your booth! I love it all, and you've got a definite knack for displaying things to their best advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are no fair. I'm stuck in Ohio and you're all the way up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo-wee! The red cloth really sets off those canisters! ♥

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis