Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Visiting Silk City Antiques And Decor In Downtown Manchester, Connecticut

Silk City Antiques And Decor
Retro, Vintage And Country Kitchen-wares,
Fur
nishings And More

I was off to Silk City Antiques in Downtown Manchester, Connecticut today on a buying spree. This is one place I reluctantly want to tell you about because it is one of my secret haunts.
I find lots of bargains here and I love their selections.

Since I moved my shop Kitsch n Stuff to the front of The Collinsville Antiques Company, I'm getting much more exposure and many of my kitchen collectibles seem to be finding new homes. lately, lots of my advertising tins and containers are being bought.

And some of my kitschy kitchen things which have been in my inventory for awhile have finally gotten the attention they needed in their new location.

Silk City: An Eclectic Group Shop

Let me get back to telling you about Silk City Antiques. I would call this place a medium size group shop with a lot of special dealers. You will find a very eclectic mix of vintage, retro, country, cottage, antiques and collectibles at Silk City. In my last trip to this fun mall, there were lots of cabin collectibles that were very very unique. Today, I found plenty of 1940s kitchen collelctiblels. The prices are generally very fair and the items tend to be unique and fresh each time I visit. I always come home with a few boxes of goodies.

Owner Beth Ringo Buys Lots Of Kitchen Stuff

Beth Ringo, the owner is very pleasant to work with and runs a very organized shop. She has been in the business for a long time and seems to like many of the same things I adore. Beth has a lot of contacts and is called to many homes for estate liquidations. She seems to find lots of kitchen collectibles and plenty of 1930s, 1940s and 1950s small and accessories.

Today I bought the following:
Roosters
Chickens
Refrigerator Dishes
Sailboat Glasses
Salt & Pepper Shakers
Books
Picnic Tin

NOW THAT WAS A GOOD DAY!

Silk City Antiques And Decor
845 Main St
Manchester, CT 06040
860-533-1263

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis