Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Step Up Your Antiques and Collectibles Displays Using Vintage Step Stools and Ladders

Step Ladders Used Beyond Stepping

Step Ladders are no longer just for "stepping". My goodness, it seems that everyone has discovered that vintage ladders are very cool store fixtures for attractive displays. And it's not just the "Shabby Chic gals" who are discovering the decorative wonders of old step stools and ladders, it appears that everyone is jumping off their ladders and using them to provide vertical displays.

You will find the handy dander older ladder or step stool displaying items for sale in boutiques, clothing stores, antique shops and even at outdoor shows. Forget about painting an old rusty or paint peeling ladder over in a nice sweet color....it's not essential these days. I have seen my share of ladder displays in recent weeks and the weathered ladders are hanging in there as well as the painted pink ones or red and white ones.

Red and White Kitchen

In my shop, "Kitsch N Stuff", I have a fabulous re-painted red and white step stool from the forties. I could have sold this beauty ten times or more.

Reaching for Collectibles

But for now, I am holding onto this step stool to add to the look of my vintage kitchen. I also use it as a stepladder to reach the collectibles I have which are closer to heaven. But when I run out of room in my shop...which is a regular thing, I convert my stepladder into a display piece. I found the "steps" work well for storing children's vintage boxed games and puzzles" .


C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.

To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link:
C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff

Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com

Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com


Dianne is a member of:
The American Society of Journalists and Authors
The Authors Guild, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis